For busy parents, back to school means back to juggling schedules, long school supply lists, and competing priorities. Luckily, Amazon’s Alexa can help parents get back into the routine during that back to school transition.
Here are few things to try:
● Stay stocked on back to school essentials and last-minute household items with Dash Buttons for things Ziplocs and . Click the button when you’re running low, and the product will be delivered right to your front door.
● Don’t forget about that upcoming field trip, permission slip, or fundraiser. Just say “Alexa, remind me that I’m chaperoning a field trip next Monday at 8 am.”
● Set a custom Routine for you and your family, so when you say, “Alexa, it’s homework time,” the music, TV, games and more turn off.
● Stumped on a homework assignment? Just ask Alexa to fact check anything from math equations to spelling and word definitions.
● Use your Echo devices as one-way intercoms to quickly get your family’s attention. Just say, “Alexa, announce dinner is ready” and “Dinner is ready” will play out in your voice across all of your other households Echo devices.
● At work and want to make sure the kids got home safely? With screened Echo devices, like Echo Show, you can connect hands-free with Drop-In to see what’s going on at home when you’re not there. Just say, “Alexa, drop in on the kitchen.”
● Stay on top of household chores like cooking and cleaning with Alexa Skills like Daily Cleaner and Allrecipes. Just say “Alexa, ask Allrecipes what can I make with chicken and zucchini?” and she’ll offer up a handful of recipes – no phone needed.
● Alexa knows that trying to juggle soccer games, ballet classes, doctor’s appts, and more can be overwhelming. To make sure you stay on top of your family’s schedule, simply sync your calendar to any of your Echo devices and have Alexa add events, move meetings, and more – just with your voice.
● Help your family get ready for bed by asking Alexa to read your favorite books via Audible. Simply say, “Alexa, read my Audible book” and she’ll transform into the narrator of your family’s favorite story.
Have some other useful Alexa tricks? Be sure to share them in the comments section below!