Cue Michael Scott, because it’s happening. The Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, that is. The massive sales are no longer confined to one day each. Now we’re seeing week-long, or even month-long, deals.
An insane amount of data from Adobe Analytics show people spent nearly $60 billion shopping online from November 1-23. That’s 32% more than the same time last year. Adobe also found expedited shipping, standard shipping, and curbside/in-store pickup are all up — big time.
Here’s what everyone’s buying:
We will continue to post our pick here, with tons of hands-on insight as well.
In case you want to do a little number crunching yourself, here’s how Adobe did it:
- Data via Adobe Analytics (aggregated, anonymized)
- Adobe Sensei, Adobe’s AI and machine learning framework, used to identify predictions
Measures trillions of visits to U.S. retail sites (most in the industry)
- 100 million SKUs
- 1 trillion visits on US-based retail websites
- Transaction data from 80 of top 100 US web retailers
- Companion survey: 1K+ U.S. consumers in Oct. 2020
- Shipping and returns analysis based on millions of orders