Amazon’s Echo gadgets are smart home all-stars. Alexa, with her endless skills and abilities, has steadily outpaced all other digital assistants in the smart home race, and Amazon’s Echo Spot is one of the most handy Alexa-enabled gadgets.
On top of its Alexa powers, it does video calls, runs a whole bunch of media apps like Spotify, Pandora, and Audible, and it can control everything from your thermostat to your lawn sprinklers.
Here’s a summary of everything the Spot can do, via its Amazon store description:
- Echo Spot is designed to fit anywhere in your home. Use 2nd generation far-field voice recognition to watch video flash briefings, see music lyrics, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Echo Spot connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service to play music, read the news, answer questions, set music alarms, control smart home, and more
- Just ask to play a song, artist, or genre, and see lyrics with Amazon Music. Also, stream music and books from Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and Audible.
- Use the built-in speaker or connect to speakers through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable. With multi-room music, you can play music on your Echo devices in different rooms.
- Ask Alexa to turn on your lights, show baby monitors and front door cameras, and lock your doors. Plus, control your thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more.
- Call almost anyone hands-free, or make video calls to family and friends with an Echo Spot, Echo Show, or the Alexa App. Instantly connect to other Echo devices around your home.
- With tens of thousands of skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
If you’ve been waiting to buy your first smart home AI gadget, the Spot should be top of your list, and today it’s cheaper than ever. Normally priced at $129.99, you can snag one today for 15% off, or $109.99: